Thursday, March 27, 2014

Fermented foods

I have read the article "Fermented Foods" and found it useful as a reference on making our own fermented foods that are easy to digest and have more bio-available nutrients. The recipe on making sauerkraut seems doable as it involves only natural unprocessed salt, cabbage, carrots and water - I haven't tried making fermented food though, and I will try my hands at making one one of these days.

I learnt from a related article that lacto-fermentation needs "salt, water, and jars plus an anaerobic environment which allows the good bacteria to flourish." I will learn through trial and error, as mentioned in that article. I have also noted other fermented food recipes such as fermented fish, and homemade yoghurt and kefir.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Notes on Inner Qi seminar

Inner Qi seminar Aligning your sub-conscious for health, wealth and happiness - Master CK "Yellow emperor's inner classi...